One can become easily distracted by the current events happening around the world and close to us. We read such news headlines as “The World is in Turmoil,” but God commands us as believers to fear not:
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
– 2 Timothy 1:7
I was reminded of this scripture this past week. Each Thursday I visit a school in Pandi, Bulacan (this school has more than fifteen hundred students). This is a relativity new ministry I’ve started since returning to the Philippines in
November 2016. I partner with a local pastor, several teachers, parents, and with the full support of the school administration I help guide children (and parents) towards a heart for God in all areas of their lives.
Thursday past, as a lead teacher and myself approached the covered court, the area we use for the ministry, she cautioned me that there was a man on the stage who was unwilling to leave. She told me he was wanted for murder, rape and selling drugs; he was hiding from the police.
What to do? The children were ready; the speakers were in place, and the program was ready to start. I asked the Lord for wisdom about what to do. My answer came back as a question. What are you going to do? Without hesitation I said “GOD IS WITH US – FEAR NOT!
The ministry went ahead that day. Children and parents were fed the word of God, as well as good nutritious food. Our “surprised guest,” the hiding convict, was also fed and had the chance to hear that Jesus not only died for him, but loved him, just before being arrested by the local police.
- Pray for Gods protection and safety as I continue to work and continue to be used to help carry his love and truth in some unsafe places notorious for crimes:
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will lead and guide in those places.
- Pray that the gospel may be presented to young and old alike, not only through Bible Stories or sermons, but also with power through the Holy Spirit, and with deep conviction.
- Pray that we will make the most of every opportunity to share the message of salvation.
- Pray that we will continue to stand against the enemy and his attempts to keep these precious people blinded to God’s truth.